virus and tracking cookies

adam_walker 22:21 13 Nov 10

i have a virus in my operating system and a lot of (tracking cookies over 200) its also spread to my C drive and my D drive ive backed up all my data it happened because the virus brought down my internet security (macaffee internet security) i then installed a free version of AVG because the other wouldnt work at all for some reason but it hasn't got rid of the virus yet so what should i do

birdface 00:17 14 Nov 10

Update and run the free version of malwarebytes to see if it finds any problems.

click here

adam_walker 17:32 14 Nov 10

i have and theres quite a few

birdface 18:28 14 Nov 10

Now after you delete them all and reboot they may come back.
So best to delete all your browsing history tools etc and then switch System restore off before you reboot. And after you
reboot switch system restore back on.

adam_walker 19:29 16 Nov 10

ive fixed it now restored it to factory setting and installed an new internet security.

adam_walker 19:29 16 Nov 10

ive fixed it now restored it to factory setting and installed an new internet security.

birdface 09:23 17 Nov 10

What Internet Security program did you install.
Be aware that no internet security program will stop all threats hence you need back up programs like Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

adam_walker 19:44 18 Nov 10

i installed kaspirsky the full version instead of a free one and i think i have oone im not to sure because it the laptop came with it so it should have it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…