Virus that is tagged as not-a-virus.

Meshuga 22:11 04 Nov 04

I have run a scan with eScan and it says I have 2 viruses which read as follows C:\windows\downloaded program files\imloader.exe tagged as not-a-virus: risk ware. downloader.imloader.a no action taken.> Both read the same. Can somebody explain this please. If no action is required how do I get rid of them, assuming that I need to. I don`t know how long they`ve been there because daily NAV scans show nothing and the PC shows no sign of abnormal operation. If anyone knows what these virus?? are, what effect would they have on the working of the PC. I have just run NAV before posting an it shows nothing. If they mean no harm I`m happy to ignore them. Meshuga.

Falkyrn 22:25 04 Nov 04

It appears to be a piece of spyware or malware which you would do well to get rid of.
Try using adaware from lavasoft or a similar program to clean your system.

Meshuga 22:31 04 Nov 04

Have already run AdAware and Spybot which I do most days and I have spywareblaster running too. Meshuga.

iambeavis 22:42 04 Nov 04

Do you have incredimail installed?

Meshuga 22:48 04 Nov 04

No I do not have incredimail.Meshuga.

Meshuga 22:56 04 Nov 04

to go off line now but will check for any further replies tomorrow morning. Thanks to all you good folks out there. Meshuga.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:01 04 Nov 04

Try this - might be relevant -
click here

gudgulf 23:16 04 Nov 04

I can't find any reference to imloader that does not associate it with incredimail.Are you sure that this has never been on your pc.Try searching your pc for incredimail and see if anything turns up!
What ISP do you use?

In any event I have not found any indication that imloader is any form of malware....maybe the fact that it is a downloader has tricked Escan.I know that I too get three or four "tagged as not a virus" results with escan.Fortunately I recognise the files and know that they are indeed NOT malware .Otherwise escan would remove them.

If other scanners such as Adaware and Spybot S&D don't detect anything untoward I would say that you have nothing to worry about.

Meshuga 07:29 05 Nov 04

That was of great help. Found 3 references to Incredimail that I didn`t know I had that must have been put there a long time ago as I don`t use incredimail. Many thanks, Meshuga.

Meshuga 07:46 05 Nov 04

as you will see from my reply to JaBisFab above, tis partly answers you, for the remainder of your question, my ISP is Tiscali, and my broadband is provided by Metronet. My OS is xp home sp2.I have long suspected eScan of being wrong as I had this before with them and all other scans showed nothing but eScan was showing virus tagged as not a virus. At that time a friend, who is a profesional microsoft accredited engineer came and he couldn`t find any virus. Its strange too,that on each occasion it`s happened, a popup box has appeared telling me i should buy the "paid for" version of eScan. It remains to be seen as to what happens now. If no problems OK. Otherwise I will post back. Thanks to all helpers. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 07:49 05 Nov 04

That I had deleted all reference to Incredimail. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…