Virus & System Restore

Hamish 18:26 14 Apr 05

If one gets a virus will doing a system restore in XP correct the problem. My friend seems to think so rather that buying virus software

Technotiger 18:28 14 Apr 05

A great big NO - your friend will be in a lot of bother without Anti-virus on his/her PC.

Cheers.

Technotiger 18:30 14 Apr 05

Anyway, there are plenty of Free programs available to download click here and
click here and click here these three are the minimum safety measures you should have.

Cheers.

Hamish 18:35 14 Apr 05

I have AVG, Zonealarm, A2, spyblaster and yahoo spyware on my computer and I did not think that doing a system restore would cure a virus ans if so why buy or instal the free ones.

Thanks for your quick reply. Will leave this open for a while and then print and give him any more replies

VoG II 18:38 14 Apr 05

Viruses can be stored in System Restore points which is why SR should be turned off when cleaning infected machines click here

So your friend has a Very Bad Idea!

Smiler 18:43 14 Apr 05

If I disable system restore, clean then renable do I lose all the restore points upto the disablement? :-)

VoG II 18:49 14 Apr 05

Yes. There are ways of getting at individual restore points to delete them but it is complicated and not worth it in my opinion.

Smiler 18:50 14 Apr 05

Thanx mate

Hamish 19:18 14 Apr 05

Thanks for your quick replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…