virus-spyware attack

robin-337338 09:12 27 Feb 11

on restarting my laptop with an up to date virus-firewall in place a message has appeared filling the desksop about spyware attacks and something called system tool trying to scan my computer for attacks which it says there are many trogans etc.
my antivirus will not run as one of the files popping up in a balloon with problems is one from my antivirus.if i start in safe mode i can use my antivirus it cleans some spyware but the message remains.i have tried downloading an antivirus on another computer then burning it to cd but the other computer cant or has been stopped from reading the disk.any help will be much appreciated

rdave13 09:19 27 Feb 11

System tool removal instructions from Bleeping Computers. Unfortunately the site seems to be down temporarily; click here

birdface 09:26 27 Feb 11

Maybe follow the instructions on here as bleepingcomputers is still down at the moment.

click here

robin-337338 09:34 27 Feb 11

i have tried using the cd drive but it does not seem to work does this malware block things because my antivirus does not work, only in safe mode but it did not find this problem

birdface 09:42 27 Feb 11

If you have any anti-malware security programs on your computer use that.
or maybe try this .it is a pay for program but you get a 30 day trial and it will remove anything that it finds.
If it asks for payment ignore it and carry on with the scan.

click here

onthelimit 09:50 27 Feb 11

Try starting in Safe Mode with Networking then download Malwarebytes to the desktop - you shouldn't need to use the CD drive. You may nee to run rkill first you can get it from click here as bleeping computer is down.

rdave13 10:04 27 Feb 11

Link ok for bleeping computers now.

Sea Urchin 10:56 27 Feb 11

On Bleeping Computer site scroll down to where it says:

Automated Removal Instructions for System Tool using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

and follow from there

igk 12:30 27 Feb 11

I have just had the same thing on TWO of my computers one at 2am this morning that is completely useless, are you using BT broadband? as I see they have a warning re a new virus on thier support webpage:
click here
They have not done this before and I suspect they have been infected and passed it on.

onthelimit 14:31 27 Feb 11

Many of these fake antivirus programmes seem able to circumvent any (free or paid) programmes. I've cleaned PCs that had Kaspersky or McAffee or Norton.

igk 17:26 27 Feb 11

Just sorted this out it was a virus called "systemtools",did a
Yahoo (won't use Google) and found plenty on it, downloaded malawarebytes in
safe mode updated definitions and ran scan this got rid of it. Cannot
understand where this came from as I am rather pedantic on pc security due
to my last job and it happened on two pc's both with updated antivirus (AVG)
and both pc's were on EBay at the time although several hours apart.

This link from "Puddleglum" on bt.broadband.support:
"This link may be interesting to you, especially the reply from 'Al1x'
as you say the affected machines were accessing eBay."

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…