Virus Software

gillersuk 19:58 10 Feb 05

I would be interested in peoples opinions on virus software, i.e. which software they prefer based on functionality, ease of use and price. I don't mind paying for antivirus software but only if its got something that the free ones don't. I also would like to know opinions on the EScan antivirus program that was in this months issue of PCadvisor. Thanks

ade.h 20:05 10 Feb 05

F-Secure is an excellent suite. It's original AV program is called F-Prot (as in "protect") and is still available as a stand-alone for those who have a firewall already. F-Secure's update system is renowned for being very quick with new definitions.

GBL 20:09 10 Feb 05

AVG from Grisoft not only is it free but updates regulary and is good.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:14 10 Feb 05

I run an alert list of over 90 people that use AVG free click here. There are no problems reported and all are delighted. This should be a good indicator rather than lame lab tests. I fail to see why home users insist on paying for AV when there are as good, if not better, alternatives.

G

JoeC 20:14 10 Feb 05
  Belatucadrus 20:28 10 Feb 05
  2neat 21:01 10 Feb 05

Just download AVG. It works, its free. The end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…