Virus Scan / Config Problem

Geord 17:48 10 Oct 04

In the last couple of days I have encountered a couple of problems which may be related - perhaps someone could advise.

The icons on the original window screen upon start up have started to relocate in a haphazard format upon start up rather than where originally saved. This doesn't happen all the time, but has become more frequent.

In addition today I tried to run a virus scan (Trend Micro PC-illin 2003) and the scan freezes at exactly the same point every time ( I have tried 3 times today and have rebooted to see if the problem goes away). The folder it freezes on is as follows:

C:\Config\MSi\8827ce.rbf

I haven't encountered this problem before - all previous scans have been fine, but there's obviously a reason why the scan freezes on this particular folder.

Not sure whether these 2 problems are related or totally separate, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Windows System: Me

Many Thanks

johnnyrocker 17:51 10 Oct 04

what size is this folder and might you not be giving the scan enough time to complete?

johnny

canard 19:20 10 Oct 04

Try scan disk. Possibly the folder has managed to turn itself into never ending loop. If so time for a big back up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5