virus scan

pat2068 02:45 24 Jun 04

i downloaded
click here
and i am now trying to remove it but cant can anyone tell me hoe i can remove it thanks leo

howard60 06:06 24 Jun 04

the chances are you cannot uninstall because it is set to switch on when you boot up. You do not say what op sys you are using. Assuming XP go to start - run and type in msconfig click on return and then click on the top right tab - startup. Find the name avast and click on the left hand box with tick in it to remove the tick. Reboot the pc and avast should not load you can then delete it by using add/remove progs in control panel.

pat2068 19:02 24 Jun 04

it is not in start up is there any other way i can remove this it is'ent in add and remove either thanks leo

sattman 19:09 24 Jun 04

I have just removed it.

It is a zip folder that and when opened it seems to run a batch file rather than load software onto your computor.

I deleted the zip folder that I had saved on downloading
A search found two text file in note pad I deleted these also.

ZEROTOLERANCE 19:15 24 Jun 04

After a recommendation from this forum, i also downloaded this and cant actualy work out what im mean to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!when its finished scanning has it cleaned whatever its says its scanning????

pat2068 19:18 24 Jun 04

i found the same thing was happening so i tried to uninstall it but when i search i am finding about 8 files that i cant delete and i believe they belong to that program leo

sattman 19:33 24 Jun 04

It would appear that you must have downloaded something diferent to me from this site
The AV scanning Programe I downloaded was MWAV

I have no record of Avast

pat2068 19:35 24 Jun 04

it was MWAV that i downloaded not avest it must have sent the answer to the wrong post as my link shows leo

sattman 19:38 24 Jun 04

In that case Leo do as I suggested. delete the zip folder MVAV.

do a search on mwave and delete all.

I am off to watch footie now

pat2068 19:49 24 Jun 04

come on guys some one must be able to tell me how to get these files out of my computer thanks leo

pat2068 21:58 24 Jun 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…