Virus? Rootkit-Hidden Items

silverdragon41 11:54 12 Feb 09

I have Bit Defender and it just found Rootkit-Hidden Items on my laptop. Although it was found, it could not do anything to it. It is right now hiding in C:\WINDOWS\system32\twain32.

Is there anything that can get rid of it? Seems my laptop keeps getting hit. im thinking there is something else on it that hasnt been found.

birdface 14:03 12 Feb 09

maybe give this a try.click here[free] or maybe this. click here Now this is a 30 day trial but it will remove anything it finds not like others that find something then want you to pay to remove it.
Worth a try if after 30 days if you do not want to keep it just remove it.

T0SH 14:22 12 Feb 09

I would be very suspicious of bit defender having found a trojan in the twain32 folder double check with other online scans to confirm, otherwise I would assume it was a false positive

Why on earth would anyone plant a trojan in a twain utility folder accessed only rarely by imaging devices like cameras and scanners

Cheers HC

birdface 14:25 12 Feb 09

click here But like you say could be a false positive But as he is having problems with his computer maybe not.

Belatucadrus 14:32 12 Feb 09

click here may be worth running for a second opinion.

silverdragon41 17:30 12 Feb 09

Buteman. I tried your first option it deleted 18 affected items. it restarted the computer and now only gets as far as the Windows xp start up window, the blue screen flashes and the laptop restarts. that continues. Wont even let me in on safe mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017