Virus Response Lab

geoff47 12:44 07 Dec 08

My friend has been 'infected' with this scamware, when searching for a solution, I have found many different ones out there.
Can anyone recommend an efficient and easy to use one for me ?

Many thanks

Forum Editor 13:13 07 Dec 08

at this:

click here

geoff47 13:18 07 Dec 08

Sorry that link does not work
Page load error

There are some free downloads, claiming to remove it, but in this cynical world, I am concerned it might be more of the same scamming nonsense. Call me old fashioned, just wanted confirmation from a respected source.

birdface 13:42 07 Dec 08

Not sure about SpyHunter.click here

tullie 13:47 07 Dec 08

FE just needs a bit of experience at posting threads lol

birdface 13:51 07 Dec 08

As far as I know the free version of MalwareBytes removes it.Make sure you get the free version.

geoff47 14:05 07 Dec 08

Im glad you said that tullie......

That was the one I had found buteman, I shall go with that and see what happens.

geoff47 15:13 07 Dec 08

I have downloaded and tried to install on my PC to try the program, but got the following message....

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll
Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed code 0x5

Is there now a problem with MY PC ?

Sea Urchin 15:21 07 Dec 08

No I don't think you have a problem with your PC - this is a known glitch that occasionally happens when trying to install Malwarebytes

click here

I suggest you run CCleaner and then try to install again

click here

geoff47 15:27 07 Dec 08

I run CCLeaner often, but will do again to see if it helps.
But while waiting for response I found this link about the problem
click here

Seems easy enough even to me.....but I dont need the program installed in the first place.....the things you do for friends.....because they think you know about PCs

geoff47 15:30 07 Dec 08

I think I will just copy to disk and try it on my friends laptop. If and when I need it I know where to go for the solution.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…