Virus reporting/tracking

goffer23 18:25 22 Jan 06

I have been receiving some emails from an automated non-reply service from my ISP stating that I have been sent emails from different addresses containing a virus.

What is interesting is that they all emanate from Switzerland. I do have contact with family members there, but to the best of their knowledge (limited as regards PC’s) they are not infected.

Has anybody else received similar emails and what is the best method of reporting it to prevent further escalation/reproduction? Is there a better forum for this question?

spuds 19:51 22 Jan 06

Perhaps they have an address book with an infection in it. They are perhaps unaware that could be spreading an infection.Contact them, and ask if they do regular checks on their systems.

goffer23 23:32 22 Jan 06

Thanks for the reply spuds, already did that a while back. Any ideas on reporting?

spuds 15:48 23 Jan 06

These people might be interested click here But your ISP will have reported this, if necessary.

goffer23 23:21 23 Jan 06

Spuds, thanks for the link but it appears to be university and Sophos specific.
Have sent a list of 'senders' to my cousins to see if they recognise the 'from' addresses and requested them to rerun their antivirus again and also to try AVG.
So will see what transpires.
Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…