virus removal error 0x80501001 by windows defender

madaboutplants 13:24 27 May 07

windows defender identified a severe risk called Spyware:win32/C2Lop.B. when asked to remove it, I got a msg saying removal error. file source identified as symantec/norton antivirus/quantine/5F5C26F3.exe.
I can't find this anywhere. i have been in regedit, quarantine history, find a file etc. I don't know what else to do.

p;3 14:01 27 May 07

what other protection do you have on there? such as adaware and spybot for example?

birdface 16:36 27 May 07

Googled,click here

madaboutplants 22:47 27 May 07

I have Norton 2007.
Thank you Buteman. i have visisted the site you mention but unfortunately i find the answers too complicated for me.

p;3 22:52 27 May 07

assuming you have none of these programs on there
suggest load these, fully update them and run each on a full deep scan and see what they tell you

click here

click here

click here

click here

p;3 22:55 27 May 07

they are adaware, spybot, superantispyware and
a squared; between that lot you might find someunwanted guests on there; please report back BUT with a 2 suggest your report back what it finds as some of it can be false possitives; good luck

P3

birdface 11:12 28 May 07

Hi,I left it ,like you thought it was a bit complicated,but having re read your problem,You have Norton Norton running ,Is it not just picking something up that Norton has already deleted and is in its Virus vault or log.Try looking through your Norton Virus vault,And if it has been quarantined Delete it,And run your Windows Defender again to see if it still finds it,It.s described as C2lop.B Lop is a Virus or Trojan and has to be removed if you have it on your computer.

johndrew 11:35 28 May 07

`symantec/norton antivirus/quantine/5F5C26F3.exe.`

This message is telling you that Norton has already quarantined the virus and that Norton is preventing Defender from accessing it. This is correct because any item in quarantine in any anti-malware program should be held in total isolation either from accessing your PC or being accessed by another program.

As buteman says, if you open Norton and identify the Virus Vault or Quarantine (I don`t use Norton so I`m not certain which they may call it) and you should find it there. You will then have the option of deleting it (emptying the Virus Vault or Quarantine) or re-installing it.

This link may help you understand the risk (provided it is not a false positive - this is a piece of software that looks like malware to Norton/Defender but isn`t) a bit better click here

squillary 01:27 29 May 07

In NIS2007 on the Internet Security tab, click "Manage Quaratined Items". It ought to be deletable from the Quarantine view.

Hopefully it's that simple.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…