virus removal

AYRETIME 23:16 08 Apr 03

any help please on how to remove JS.Exception.Exploit from my Win XP machine.

VoG™ 23:28 08 Apr 03

So far no click here , still looking.

beeuuem 23:31 08 Apr 03

This gives Symantec removal instructions.
click here

Which A/V are you using?

If you need more help post back.

beeuuem 23:37 08 Apr 03

This link refers to JS.Exception.Exploit.B
click here
just in case this the version you have caught.

AYRETIME 17:56 09 Apr 03

thanks for advice, but still unsure of how to remove JS.Exception.Exploit (have norton 2002 A\V)have followed NAV advice but not sure about how to remove values from the Registry.NAV cannot detect the virus on a full system scan and has asked me to remove any thing suspicious from the registry but nothing i can find does look suspect !.Grateful for any help thanks.

beeuuem 20:56 09 Apr 03

If you are using Norton A/V the infection may not now be on your system:-

Norton AntiVirus (NAV) detects JS.Exception.Exploit when I visit some Web sites, but will not "delete" it. Why?
When you visit a JS.Exception.Exploit Web site, the exploit is detected by NAV, usually in a temporary Internet file. NAV then reports that it cannot repair, quarantine, or even delete the file. This may happen more than once until you close the Web site. If you then scan with NAV, it finds no infections. Here is why:
NAV is detecting the exploit itself, and it detects it as it is scanned by Auto-Protect when it is copied to the Temporary Internet Files folder. Because these temporary files are deleted as soon as you close the Web page, the exploit will not be found during a regular scan because it is no longer there. Also, because it is the exploit itself that is being detected, the exploit will be detected even if you are using a patched system or even another Web browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…