//some 3rd party need geo

virus removal

the old man 22:39 11 Dec 04

I run a very upto date avg 7 and earlier tonight ran a complete system scan. It came up with one trojan found and one virus. I was gobsmacked and tried to get rid of them via AVG7 but to no avail. I did the scan again and the same results came up and still I couldn't get rid of the infections. The utilities on the Grisoft/AVG website seem to deal with specific threats and viruses. Spybot didn't show the trojan, Ad-aware came up with nothing and neither did Spyware-blaster. Done the scan again to get specific names to enter in this post and AVG has now not found anything. Anyone have any ideas on what has been happening. Just remembered the virus was to do with JavaByte.verify.

Cuddles 22:45 11 Dec 04

I have had similar with AVG reporting a virus and it not being confirmed by another program.

jdb 23:10 11 Dec 04

Do you have System Restore running on your PC? If so you'll find the Virus Checker, having dealt with the original virus, will i/d the entries in the Restore folders.
Disable the SR process - run AVG again.

DoctorButcher 09:04 12 Dec 04

Where does AVG say the infected file is located? Try clearing your Temporary Internet files and re-scan to see if it goes away...

Also make sure that you have all the latest Windows updates.

the old man 09:48 12 Dec 04

all software is up to date, may be useless at a lot of computer things but have learnt a few things from this forum. I don't take chances. Have cleared all temp. files as you suggested and yes there was nothing on the subsequent scan. the location was in settings/documents. Got a 19 yr old daughter and 20 year old son who go on some weird and wonderful sites so will clip them round the ear and tell them to be more careful on what they download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…