Virus problems "wink"

supereagle 06:38 19 Mar 03

I am workin on a PC which has some sort of virus. There are errors on startup along the lines of "not enough memory to run NFD5818.exe" with the filename changing each time. All of the Word documents are corrupted, and there are a number of files in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder with the word "wink" in their titles. When you delete these and uncheck them in "msconfig" they disappear, and then return later. Be3fore I reformat the HDD, any last minute advice?

slysy 06:50 19 Mar 03

Have you run a virus check?
If the data is corrupt, you have backups right, then go for a format afterwards.

slysy 06:51 19 Mar 03

Have you run a virus check?
If the data is corrupt, you have backups right, then go for a format afterwards.
Check antivirus website for info on virus types, that way you will know for definite that you have one and how to resolve it.

AndySD 06:58 19 Mar 03

click here KLEZ Virus

supereagle 07:07 19 Mar 03

Thanks for the info. The users data is backed up to an extent, but that is their problem as I always encourage them to back up fully. Now this is recognised as KLEZ I can try and deal with it, although I think that a reformat is the most likely option. Thanks again, and what are you saddos doing up at this time:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…