virus problems

tlr 09:46 05 Mar 03

I am currently getting loads of e-mails (at least 10 a day)which are infected with a virus from someone I do not know. They are coming from a BT Open World address. I use Norton Anti Virus which is stopping them at the moment but there have been a few they have not been able to fix and these have been quarantined

Is there any way of blocking these e-mails. My server who is Virgin do not check for viruses.

I am using Win98 Outlook 2000

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 09:59 05 Mar 03

You could try this click here think that the right addy lol i used it with good success it checks you email and tells you what you got without downloading them,then if you dont want em can be set up to delete them of server before you download and can be set to delete them straight away.

mikef™ 11:28 05 Mar 03

Also it seems as if someone who has you in their address book is badly infected so it may be worth sending a general email warning anyone who has you in their address book.

tlr 00:17 09 Mar 03

I have still got the problem with this, is there a way of stopping this individuals email. Virgin answered my query immediately where I have not had 1 response to 20 emails to BT openworld regarding one of their customers

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:25 09 Mar 03

have you emailed the sender informing them that this is happening? Sounds a bit like the Klez virus.

MAJ 00:30 09 Mar 03

Have you tried adding them to your Block Senders list? If that option is available in Outlook. Or set up a Message Rule to delete the emails from the server, again, if that option is available in Outlook.

tlr 14:38 09 Mar 03

I have tried emailing the culprit with no response and I dont know if Outlook 2000 has a facility for blocking from senders or how to set up message rules in outlook

tlr 05:50 16 Nov 03

BT sorted it at long long long long last

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…