Virus problems

aitch2 10:20 11 Feb 08

I have just done my weekly scans on the computer using AVG Free, Superantisyware and Spybot Search and destroy. They came up with Smitfraud, Virus Locker, Virusheat and Zlobdownload. I have quarantined and deleted these,but now I have an annoying pop-up that tells me that my computer is under threat from malware, and there are more threats that have been found, and almost at every stoke of the keyboard it is trying to change my home page to 'about:blank'. Any ideas or help as to where I go from here?
Thanks
Aitch

johndrew 10:28 11 Feb 08

Start your PC in `Safe Mode` and run all the scans again.

You could also run an online scan with Kaspersky click here or Trend Micro click here

You may also like to download and install Spyware Terminator click here

aitch2 10:51 11 Feb 08

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.
regards
Aitch

birdface 11:06 11 Feb 08

Probably better going to the Malware forum and posting in there.click here if you download HJT from there and post it.They will help you clean up your computer.It takes a few days so you have to be patient.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:08 11 Feb 08

Smitfraud
click here

Virus Locker
click here
can be removed using spywaredoctor.

Virusheat removal instructions
click here

Zlob removal instructions
click here

aitch2 13:10 11 Feb 08

Thanks for the further suggestions. So far have run in safe mode and done scans with AVG,Spybot S & D, and superantispyware. Looks as if i've got rid of Zlob and Smitfraud but will carry out the other suggestions over the next day or so between shifts.
thanks
Aitch

aitch2 13:12 11 Feb 08

Forgot to add that I am still getting the 'pop up boxes' as well as trying to change my home page homepage.
Aitch

Tartel 18:00 11 Feb 08

There is absolutely no reason to purchase any software to remove this infection. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Everything you need to remove VirusHeat and its associated malware can be found for free using smitfraudfix and other tools.

A good guide on how to remove virusheat can be found here:

click here

aitch2 12:25 15 Feb 08

Firstly, able to remove all viruses and problems so a happy bunny again!
Secondly and more importantly, thanks to all for the contributions and advice.
regards
Aitch

kingdomchins 20:08 15 Apr 08

Hi i am going round the twist i have Trojan.Vundo on my pc when i go to start useing the tool for it it comes up that i am not authorised to use it what am i doing wrong ? i cant get it removed and my pc is throwing up so many bad web pages as well.

My Pc has Vista on it and i use Norton 360 for security along with Adware alert

Thankyou
Aileen

Cuddles 20:50 15 Apr 08

Try this click here and also this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…