Virus problems!

jay77 06:02 09 Sep 05

Pc keeps going off slow stuck etc.Checked stop sign,pc pit stop,various downloads and sites also spyware doctor bug doctor.A lot of scans revealed very bad condition pc and viruses,and 700 or so un needed files,it is possibly 7 years old or more!.Yet windows update and yahoo anti spy reveal nothing.Who do i trust and should i get a norton antivirus disc or something thankyou all jay!

Diodorus Siculus 08:01 09 Sep 05

Wny not reinstall win98? It's a pretty good OS when set up.

click here
Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan

lickalotofpuss 10:00 09 Sep 05

Try out webroots window washer that's good for clearing unused files and such, surprising how much space it free up

Belatucadrus 10:34 09 Sep 05

I agree with Diodorus Siculus, after seven years and the problems you refer to a reformat
click here

click here is probably a good idea. Time consuming, but frequently worth the effort.

You should add anti virus, but putting Norton on a seven year old PC would probably slow it even further, as with a lot of software Norton's system requirements have increased version by version. But it's now got to the point where older PCs frequently struggle to cope with its demands. Try one of the less resource hungry freebies click here

jay77 15:10 10 Sep 05

On the avast scan think i need lots of space will try clear out files etc.I ordered norton disc off ebay already hope its ok.Youve all been amazin thankyou for all responses.Thanks a million again j!

mbp 11:43 11 Sep 05

As hinted by Belatucratus, Norton is invasive and resource hundry. I would try some to the Free AV and FW programs so easily downloaded from the web. It works fine and has small footprints.
Nothing wrong win MSWin98, but XP is a lot more stable, if you are thinking of a reinstalling of your OS. May be worth considering, especially if you are slowing upgrading your other hardware.

Tabbycat123123 10:34 20 Sep 05

a friend has a sas virus and cannot get they computer to start, as soon as they turn on computer, it gives the 58 seconds to download files then automatically turns computer off .

Tabbycat123123 10:34 20 Sep 05

a friend has a sas virus and cannot get they computer to start, as soon as they turn on computer, it gives the 58 seconds to download files then automatically turns computer off .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…