Virus problems

Taman 13:57 18 Jan 05

I have XP Home and Eudora 6.2. System Restore is disabled.

Having moved from Norton, to McAfee and now to Kaspersky Personal 5.0, it discovered 19 viruses within my email boxes. It couldn't delete any of them so I manually deleted the appropriate emails (from 2000 and 2001) For some reason Kaspersky still sees three of the files and viruses. They are "iworm.KakWorm" "Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload"
Are there any Virus companies which can read and delete within Eudora mbx files (as opposed to detecting viruses on the way in and out)? They contain large numbers of important emails so I don't want to delete and start again. Or there are there any tools for deleting these. - each company seems to call viruses by different names.

Cook2 14:02 18 Jan 05

This click here is a popular free AV where you can also find Avast Cleaner. Worth a try maybe.

Mr A! 14:15 18 Jan 05

a look at AVG click here. They are very popular and provide a free and paid editions of their virus scanner.

Taman 14:19 18 Jan 05

I did in fact try AVC. It couldn't detect any viruses at all so presumably can't read within Eurdora mailboxes either.

john-232317 14:25 18 Jan 05

Try here, scoll 3/4 down the page and there is an auto KAK cleaner. I haven`t used it myself.

john-232317 14:26 18 Jan 05

Link will help

click here

Taman 15:03 18 Jan 05

That didn't work either. I think that cleaner is designed around outlook Express email system which I don't use.

john-232317 15:10 18 Jan 05

False positives ???

click here

fish45 15:37 18 Jan 05

Having realised too late that my son had opened dodgy e-mails that let through mydoom etc..which disabled my firewall and told me there was a problem with norton etc I down loaded F-secure..it blocks all new variants of the virus but won't delete or quarantine the existing problems...how do I get shut of the 73 problems that f-secure won't fix?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…