Virus problem need some help.

Legolas 15:03 18 Aug 03

I have checked my comp with AVG and discovered that over 400 files have been infected with a virus called Win32.Parite.1

AVG cannot heal the virus and recommends I put the infected files into the vault if I do this many of my programs will no longer run. Is there a way of getting rid of this virus without damaging the programs and files that have been infected.

Taff36 15:20 18 Aug 03

This is the closest I can find for you because the Symantec Site is too busy at the moment.
click here

Hope this helps. Can you check the spelling again?

spikeychris 15:23 18 Aug 03

Taff36, think your right, mate of mine had the same and the reg hack worked.

Legolas 19:07 18 Aug 03

I think I have got rid of it at last but it took a while as it had infected almost 500 files.

The AVG free edition detected it but only gave the option to quarintine the infected files, doing this made the infected files unavailable to me and caused some programs to become inoperable. I downloaded another free virus scanner 'AV Guard'/XP this found all the infected files and also gave me the option to repair them although it took a few scans to get and repair them all.

Thanks for the link as it allowed me to alter the changed registry entry and hopefully it is finally eradicated for good although I have no idea how I became infected in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…