VIRUS PROBLEM

smudge6521 13:30 27 Nov 08

Can anybody shed any light on the following, each time I start my PC my McAffee software indicates that it has removed the click here virus from my system. Whilst its reassuring that it is been removed does anybody know why this message should keep appearing. Is it that it keeps coming back. Thanks in advance

Rahere 13:43 27 Nov 08

Malware - viruses, trojans, worms etc can install in many different places and often reappear after cleaning, you need to make sure you have removed it completely by a full scan in safe mode:

Reboot and press f8 key repeatedly until you get to safe mode, run McAffee

you could also try a safe mode scan with the following free antimalware products - download and update before you reboot into safe mode!

--Free Anti Spyware--

Malwarebytes click here
Spybot S&D click here
A squared click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 27 Nov 08

Switch off system restore (to delete all restore points)
then switch it back on again (to create a new one).

Rahere 14:42 27 Nov 08

Always a good policy after a virus infection! Personally I don't keep any restore points but most people here do!

Sea Urchin 14:59 27 Nov 08

Presumably you use Facebook or some other social networking site - that's where it comes from. Another view of the removal process

click here

Sea Urchin 15:02 27 Nov 08

.....my previous posting only applies if you are using a Norton product - apologies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…