Virus Problem

Bob The Nob© 12:31 06 Mar 06

I update my avast 4 every week but last week my scanner found a Virus in 'anydvd.exe'.

I use the program frequently to watch DVD from the US and other countries.

The file its self is older than my antivirus so why did avast just find this visus 'Win32:Aimbot-Q [Trj]' When my avast has been constantly updated and on my PC for ages.

Can a file just suddenly become infected, my PC isnt even on the net and the last program I opened was macromedia's fireworks installer.

BTN©

MichelleC 13:28 06 Mar 06

Rarely but sometimes an av will report a positive/negative (or called similar). Just to check it's worth doing an onlibe av scan click here

johndrew 14:06 06 Mar 06

You could also look at click here to see if there is a virus that fits what you are seeing or possibly run HiJackThis and post your log file on the automatic analyser click here and see what it comes up with.

Although I haven`t had a problem with the automatic analyser there are others who are wary of its results. If you are concerned there are sites which offer human help.

beynac 14:06 06 Mar 06

I think that this you will find that this is a "false positive". Check with Avast.

skidzy 18:49 06 Mar 06

After searching through Symantec i came across this
click here

I then copied and pasted the name of your virus/trogan into the search threats and this came up with click here

I dont know if this helps,maybe you can find extra info.

Bob The Nob© 20:30 16 Mar 06

This information hasn't helped. I just want to know why my av hasn't fond it before

skidzy 20:44 16 Mar 06

Bob.....After trawling through various virus database's the 'Win32:Aimbot-Q [Trj]' didnt exist,well not yet anyway ...lots of similar data,the only difference was the Q in the virus.
Aimbot seems pretty common throughout the database's.Maybe i missed it somewhere.

Is it possible,that any of your recently loaded films or software were copied first.

Just seems a little strange i cannot find any reference to the Q in the so called virus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…