virus problem

Tree3 13:01 19 Sep 04

my friend has a virus on thier computer it wont let any online virus scan pages load or any anti virus programs to load the computer is windows xp home. any suggestions would be great.

Tree3 13:17 19 Sep 04

also...more info: nothing runs on computer except: net connection, card games and msn nothing can be searched on the computer

woodt 13:18 19 Sep 04

Have you tried running/installing the virus scans in Safe mode when logged on as the Administrator?

javaBalls 13:20 19 Sep 04

Maybe your friend's computer is blocking the online virus scan from happening due their browser settings.

I'm not sure, but maybe this online scan is using something like Active X controls or javascript or maybe its a java applet and your friend does not have the java-plug-in.

Can the PC display normal web pages?

javaBalls 13:22 19 Sep 04

just read your more info.

Ok it is a virus.

If nothing runs on PC then re-format it. You have nothing lose.

woodt 13:23 19 Sep 04

Also have you tried Hijackthis click here

stalion 13:38 19 Sep 04

scan with this click here

Tree3 13:57 19 Sep 04

cant open any programs or download

stalion 14:00 19 Sep 04

can you boot in to safe mode? by pressing f8 continually whilst booting up

Tree3 14:33 19 Sep 04

its not my computer its my friends, she lives miles away

VoG II 14:34 19 Sep 04

Download Stinger click here onto a floppy using a different computer. Lock the write access tab on the floppy. Run Stinger from the floppy on the infected machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…