//some 3rd party need geo

Virus problem?.

Kayto 23:30 20 Aug 04

The problems i am encountering are down to a virus on my system (Windows XP)i think, A little yellow star with a red border round and an exclamation mark in the middle keeps appearing on my mouse pointer, i then get the same message a lot saying (Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this page. As a result the page might not display correctly),i keep checking my settings and they are fine,and i keep getting a message from Microsoft to go to there website and download a patch, but i am unable to do this as a message keeps appearing saying there is an error, I have Panda Anti virus on my system and do regular scans and everything seem ok, but somethings wrong, i would apprciate it if anyone can help me .

johnnyrocker 23:37 20 Aug 04

you may have something hidden in your system restore files you do not say if you have any anti spyware on board and if not i reccomend (as will nearly all the experienced users of this site) adaware,spybot,spywareblaster. get from the downloads section of this site update and run you will be quite surprised.

johnny.

Kayto 23:52 20 Aug 04

Thanks johnny, i will do that.

VoG II 07:05 21 Aug 04

Do you have the Google Toolbar? It changes the mouse pointer like you describe when it blocks popups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…