virus problem

blind_gr 16:57 01 Nov 03

hello guys
unfortunately i run a .exe programme and then..I am using xp pro as a os.
so when i biit my and i go to the desctop i find that i cannot open any desctop sortcuts.also i cannot run ane exe programme,surf in the internet and off course i cannot run any antivirus,because i get the message that windows cannot open the .exe programme and it tells me to access the internet to find software to run .exe,of course i cant
also i tried to restore my pc,but it cannot find any previous restore point.i cannot see the callendar that supposes to be on the left on the screen
at the end,cuase i have lan,i tried to scan my hdd from the other pc,but i scan only 2-3 files fro my full 70 gb hdd!
my mp3 files and divx still works.when i try to run a antivirus software from my cd-rom,i get the same message that windows cannot open this kind of programmes!
any suggestions plz,except format?:)

P.S sorry 4 my english 2

MichelleC 17:16 01 Nov 03

To run an online av scan click here If not post back.

slysy 17:21 01 Nov 03

If you are running XP, why not use the System Restore Point Utility.
Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore (default)

Use this to restore to a point before you ran the .EXE.

Then try running A virus Scan.

If in doubt always create a Restore Point, before installing any software or drivers.

Sly SY

blind_gr 17:22 01 Nov 03

the problem is that i cannot run any programmes eirther access the net:(

Belatucadrus 17:24 01 Nov 03

Have you tried booting from the windows CD instead of the hard drive ?

blind_gr 17:25 01 Nov 03

i always have a restore point,but when i tried to access it i cannot find.probably the virus hit this too...

blind_gr 17:29 01 Nov 03

no i did not tried this,cause my cd is far away.maybe i try to find one.thx anyway

VoG II 09:23 02 Nov 03

I suspect that you have click here

Scroll down to "-- Update September 19th 13:00 PST --" and get the fixswen.inf file to repair the registry then run the removal tool.

blind_gr 15:11 02 Nov 03

dear tom
i try what you said,but i when i put my floopy into my drive windows cannot open this file.then i right click it and there is nowhere any choice to install.just to open it,copy etc.maybe i have to copy it to my hdd somewhere?
thx anyway

VoG II 15:17 02 Nov 03

Who is tom?

If you are talking about the fixswen.inf file, you have to download it to C: (if C is the letter for your hard drive). Then find it in Windows Explorer and right click it.

blind_gr 16:18 02 Nov 03

vog i mean,u know keyboards in laptops are much more different,heh
finally i can run all my files thanks to you and some changes i have made to registry entry
now i am running an on-line scan
thanks a lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…