virus prob its called "Only_game"

leopard 18:39 23 Nov 03

Grisoft had detected this virus but says it cant remove it.I have tried symantec but cant find it on there...........HELP

powerless 18:43 23 Nov 03

Delete your restore points.

AndyJ 18:51 23 Nov 03

As far as I can gather it's a Joke Virus. Removal instructions can be found here click here

powerless 21:18 23 Nov 03

"Do I do that by going into system restore????
Then creating a new date?"

No. I mean delete them as the virus maybe in the Restore folders. AVG will not be able to remove this because the restore folders are protected.

Deleting the restore points will also delete the virus.

Click Start, Control Panel, System, System Restore and turn off System Restore, this will delete your restore points. But you cannot then restore your computer to a previous date as you've.....just deleted the restore points.

I'm assuming it is in the restore folder.

If you do not want to delete you restore points then you can delete the file with the restore folder so you could end up saving your restore points (but its a bit of hit and miss). But for this you'll need to know which folder and file the virus infects in the restore folder. AVG should tell you (i do not use it myself).

Restore folder = C:\System Volume Information

powerless 21:21 23 Nov 03

Oh have you read AndyJ's click here?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…