virus or windows problem

metabolee 21:20 24 Sep 05

I am a novice pc user,i have recently been having problems with my system a Compaq Presario 7 months old, 260gb hd 512mb ddr Windows XP Mcaffee 2005 internet security etc. Please could someone help me.. when i log on sometimes the screen will turn blue with white text Stating... Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer BAD_POOL_HEADER and other times FAULT_IN NON_PAGED_AREA etc. It then tells me to remove all anti virus software and diskdefragg check harddrives remove check videoplayers?? Bottom of page = BEGINING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY...PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE. CONTACT YOUR ADMISTRATOR FOR HELP. ALL BLUE SCREEN WHITE TEXT. Also happens when i'm online too?? Thanks Paul.

VoG II 21:29 24 Sep 05

Probably not a virus.

Some ideas click here

There are also suggestions that faulty RAM (memory) can cause these errors.

metabolee 21:46 24 Sep 05

thanks vog, i will try suggestions the error happened again just after i logged off from this site!! I am a little wary of trying to fix the problem myself incase i make it worse?? i took pic of screen to take into pc shop tommorow. thanks paul

keith-236785 00:30 25 Sep 05

i second VoG regarding the memory as the likely suspect.

VoG II 08:36 26 Sep 05

Via e-mail

Hello Vog please could you tell me how to find 'Device Drivers' on my pc as i sent error report to microsoft and the problem is the drivers?? Graphic device driver ? Thanks paul

Please respond using the Add a new response box at the bottom of this page. The yellow envelope is for private messages.

Right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager button.

metabolee 22:34 17 Nov 05

This problem resulted in trying 3 new Hp recovery discs a new 200gb hd new p4 processor new motherboard and new ram... all to no avail my pc is now being repaired (hoping) this is a loan pc hopefully not a long loan. so all in all not a very good experience for a newcomer to the computing scene.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…