Virus or Harddrive problem?

wesparmalee 01:01 23 Jan 05

I need some help with this.My pc has in the last few hours developed a really strange problem.As soon as i go into 'My Music folder' to play a file,the hard drive starts to go crazy.It sounds similar to a defrag sound,only much faster.I looked in the task manager to see if anything was running in the background.The only thing that seemed to be running at high levels was Explorer.exe.I decided to shut down the pc,and it took three times longer than normal,all the time the harddisk chugging away.I have a fully updated Mcafee virus package installed,and Adaware,again up to date.They all show nothing,but i decided to take a look in my event viewer to see if anything showed up in there,and there were quite a few errors regarding IPSec services.The message reads'IPSec services has experienced a critical failure and has shut down.Obviously there is some problem,and i'm wondering if this is a virus that has somehow slipped through.When i'm surfing the web,the harddrive is fine,it's as soon as i open my music files,this starts.All was working fine yesterday,so it's very odd.I'm using Windows xp home edition,please help.Thankyou.

hugh-265156 01:16 23 Jan 05

try a system restore to yesterday maybe?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 01:24 23 Jan 05

Have you got all windows updates?

click here

Cook2 01:46 23 Jan 05

Give this click here a run and see if it finds anything.

THE TERMINATOR 01:53 23 Jan 05

click here and click here and click here and install this click here ....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…