virus or harddrive prob ???

budlia 21:13 19 Sep 04

Does anyone know about a virus that ruins your hard drive, cause both my girlfriend and a good friend are having probs where they can no longer get into their comps, they switch on and get a black screen message that windows cannot start due to a software or hardware problem, i tried to help my friend as she had the prob 1st, but you cannot get into the comp at all we tried safe mode and all options offered, then my g/f went home and found she had the same thing, bearing in mind they bith have youg teenage kids who often chat to pals and open e-mail wiley-niley, both comps have norton anti-virus on them, i cannot even reformat them with the back up disc`s!!...thought i`d ask here before they take them in to shop`s and pay a fortune .

stalion 21:31 19 Sep 04

most viruses come from email attachments some don't the Isaas virus can shut your computer down,I am not saying this is the cause but if you can not boot at all it is a possibility especially as you have the problem on more than one computer.
can you post the operating system incase someone else on here can help

budlia 22:10 20 Sep 04

My friend had xp home , but ,i loaded xp pro on her comp for her after her kids got it so infected with virus`s i had to reformat it and she couldnt find her xp home dics`s,and my g/f had 98 2nd edition and had the same prob with her kids , so i done the same for her, put xp pro on her comp, now my friends comp show`s xp home agen when we try to load in safe mode, i dont know about my g/f`s so she gonna have a look later...i`ll let you know.....and i reloaded norton anti-virus on them both and kept it up dated on auto.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…