Virus name ??

Pererin 16:19 08 Jul 08

Hope you can help me guys. Used my USB stick at work and picked up a virus. When I right clicked in My computer this was at the top and I clicked it - (ä¯ÀÀ) immediately my anti virus picked it up and quarantined it. I removed the letters by reformatting the USB drive. Any ideas what the letters mean? Oh the virus was Trojan.Mailspam.J according to the virus checker. Thanks in advance as usual.

johndrew 17:16 08 Jul 08

The letters look as if a foreign language key set was used so can`t help there. You may find this interesting click here and for the future, scan before you connect or plug your memoey stick into an unknown PC - it may cost you data the next time.

DieSse 17:51 08 Jul 08

Those symbols are in all PC character sets (in fact the a variants are european normal letters). But really the mean nothing significant, other than the virus writer used them for a file name.

Go and talk to whoever is responsible for computer security at your work and tell them what happened. (if you haven't already).

Pererin 20:14 08 Jul 08

Thanks guys, great help I would be lost without your help.
Thanks again, :):):):):)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…