Virus Mutant Bagle O

gobi 20:30 14 Apr 04

My notebook system is P4 M, Win XP Pro. I regularly updated my security software (Norton Antivirus 2002, Spybot, Zone Alarm) and scan my system weekly. Recently, dial up connection is inititated at every start up and my email was declined by the recipient's server supposedly to contained mutant Bagle O virus. I run a full scan again with my NAV, in safe mode and system restore turned off but nothing was found. I scanned again with Norton's removal tool, BidDefender removal tool, Avast removal tool, Pestcontrol, Adaware, Trojan Remover, and even scanning my system manually - everything I can throw, but nothing is found. Yet,the dial up connection still initiate at each start up and my email is bounced. Please help.

VoG II 20:34 14 Apr 04

Try running Stinger click here

gobi 20:40 14 Apr 04

TQ VoG. Downloading it now and will try it tonight.

gobi 21:40 14 Apr 04

Scan completed. Nothing was found. Any idea?

cycoze 21:47 14 Apr 04

No answer , but a similar thread click here , so your not alone.

gobi 23:23 14 Apr 04

Thanks cycoze. Guess I missed that thread. Have tried as you suggested in the thread - disabling Norton outbound scanning. But, my email is still bounced back. It is just a plain text email with no attachment.
I take solace to know however that I am not alone in this mess. I wonder how Roland Butter was doing now and is there anybody else out there with the same problem.

gobi 10:09 15 Apr 04

bump

gobi 14:17 15 Apr 04

Dial up at start up sorted. I found that there is a program called Project1 was running when the dial up is initiated. And it is associated with a process called Runtimes.exe that happens to be an IE plug in. I deleted it and the problem resolved. Although, am not sure what is the plug in for.
Still, exploring the cure for this email bouncing issue.

gobi 23:15 16 Apr 04

Have found out that NTL has kind of installed a filtering system that filter out email using stationary. I can confirm that my plain text email has gone through. Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017