//some 3rd party need geo

Virus Mania

Frantic 1 10:49 28 Mar 05

Hi, Its back, not only aboutblank but i have a RUNDLL problem. C:\windows\temp\se,dll This is stopping me opening Adware away which has the perfect cure to delete aboutblank.

Any ideas much appreciated..

joethebow 13:45 28 Mar 05

I don't think it's a virus, I think it's spyware.

Go to:

click here

and download the Anti-Spyware Beta. I have been using it for 2 months and havn't found anything it can't handle.

If the link doesn't work go to: microsoft.com/downloads and you'll find it.

Thos 13:54 28 Mar 05

Have I missed something? I use "about blank" for my home page in IE because it is a time saver rather than loading up with an unwanted ISP home page. I do this by choice going to "tools--options--general tab" and selecting "use blank" Presumably you can select whatever you want for your home page, but maybe you are saying that you have a virus which changes it back? Odd!

VoG II 15:54 28 Mar 05

click here

click here

Thos - yes you have missed something!!

Thos 17:21 28 Mar 05

Well, thanks! But I am no wiser.The link you offered did not mention "about blank". Does the "backdoor" worm affect the about blank page?

VoG II 17:31 28 Mar 05
  Thos 17:48 28 Mar 05

That's better. Thanks.

Eargasm 17:49 28 Mar 05

Type "about blank" in the search bar to your left for a list of problems it has caused.

Removal usually means posting a "hijack this "log from click here and waiting for help from an expert.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…