//some 3rd party need geo

Virus Java/ByteVerify

ronlove 19:28 17 Mar 05

I run avg antivirus and it tells me that I have 2 viruses both with Java/BiteVerify. Avg cannot destroy or qurantine these but says a cure can be found by viewing Microsoft Updates. I of course always keep up todate with MS but nevertheless went to MS web site where I was informed there were no updates for this virus.

My machine seems to run ok with viruses installed.

Anyone help ?

RonL

stalion 19:31 17 Mar 05
  ronlove 09:52 18 Mar 05

stalion... Many thanks, all now clear.

RonL

ronlove 10:53 20 Apr 05

Yesterday I colleected 3 versions of the above. Clicking on "HERE" as previously suggested does not get me out of trouble this time as it did before.When I click "Scan for virus" I get "Control failed to load. Are you using IE4 or above?" After that nothing happens.

Can anyone please help ?

RonL.

ACOLYTE 11:10 20 Apr 05

You could try emptying the Java cache if you have sun java open go into control panel click on other control panel options,down the side and then click the java plugin in the box that opens click the cache tab and then clear.if you dont use sun jave someone else may have to help.

ronlove 14:53 20 Apr 05

Many thanks ACOLYTE, I did as you suggest and this cleared the Java Byte. One of the problems I had before this was that my mouse pointer would not sit still it just floated about slowly in all directions. I run AVG so I did a full scan and this showed that the Java problem had gone but I had collected a Trojan Horse which AVG deleted so all should be OK. But it ain't !! My mouse pointer is still floating.

Any ideas?

RonL

VoG II 15:00 20 Apr 05
  ACOLYTE 10:02 21 Apr 05

Best start another thread about the mouse if its still doing it,with the make/model of the mouse,OS and such you may get more answers to help.

ronlove 14:28 03 May 05

Sorry Ive been so long replying to all you good people but I have only just been able to get back. Many thanks to you all, after working through you suggestions all the problems have been settled, including the wobbly mouse pointer.

Thanks again.

ronlove 10:49 09 Jun 05

I continue to get the above nasty in my computer. I run AVG overnight it detects the virus but does nothing about it. Is there a way of deleting these things automatically when they are detected?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 09 Jun 05

If you have got it back again after rebboting the PC then it is in the restore files.

Switch off system restore scan and delete the virus then switch restore back onagain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…