Virus - Java/ByteVerify

fourjays 10:57 29 Dec 04

Hi,
This morning I turned on my computer, and as usual, AVG 7.0 Pro started doing its scan for virus', and when it had finished, it said that there was a virus in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Games Machine\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\...

with 4 folders in that, which all start classload.jar followed by a number sequence, then .zip.

AVG doesn't appear to have removed them, so should I manually delete the files (is it safe to?)?

PS: I didn't download anything yesterday, so where could the virus have come from?

VoG II 10:59 29 Dec 04
  mrdsgs 11:01 29 Dec 04

start/programs/accessories/system tools/disk cleanup

make sure temporary internet files is clicked

then reboot and it will be gone !

mrdsgs

fourjays 11:03 29 Dec 04

So it isn't a virus then? The AV just thinks it is?

Anyway, how can I manually delete the cache, as I don't have a 'cache' tab in the java control panel, as described in the solution on that page.

fourjays 11:05 29 Dec 04

Both of my computers report it. :s lol.

Ive found the java thing now -= its alled delete temp internet files like the one in disk cleanup.

fourjays 18:01 29 Dec 04

IT worked exactly as you said mrdsgs. I cleaned out all of the temp files, rebooted, and scanned - no probs found. Thanks.

mrdsgs 18:16 29 Dec 04

tick as resolved

glad it worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…