Virus Issue - Trojan Horse

Phil930 21:12 21 Nov 04

The set up is: Windows XP Pro SP2 and Norton Antivirus 2003 Pro fully up to date, auto protection enabled and XP firewall on.

Earlier today, i was surfing the internet when the red warning box flashed up on my screen stating a trojan horse was detected. The worry for me was it said no action was taken. I clicked the ok option and straight after again, the red small window opened again saying trojan horse detected, no action taken. On this i hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and closed down every open explorer window.

I was worried a trojan horse had got through to my computer, so ran a virus scan numerous times but no viruses were detected.

I then went into Norton too look if anything was quarantined, which nothing was. Then i reviewed the activity list and the report said the following:

It identified the two trojan horses, saying no action taken, but also said 'access denied' after. Did this mean it blocked the trojan horses from entering my computer? In total there were 4 viruses in 3 seconds trying to get onto my computer (as said on the activity list).

2 were TH, no action was taken but both said acess denied.
1 was 'MTHMLRedir.Exe' which was automatically deleted.
1 was download.ject which was automatically deleted.

Therefore, did the virus protection stand up to the viruses that came my way or are the trojan horses un detectable/un stoppable for my norton?

I can send an email to someone with a screen print off the activity list if it would be any help.

Thank you for any help anyone can offer

VoG II 21:14 21 Nov 04

From your description, Norton has stopped it from downloading.

If you want further reassurance, scan with a² click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…