Virus infection dialer BTC

Legolas 21:10 11 Jun 06

I have been infected with this virus which AVG picks up and I either heal or send to the vault but it keeps coming back seemingly in a number of different places does anyone know how to get rid of this pest.

VoG II 21:14 11 Jun 06

Spybot is good for dialers click here

Legolas 21:56 11 Jun 06

Hi VoG™ ran S&D found some stuff but not trojan horse dialer BTC to give it its full name, still getting it coming up found by AVG twice while typing this

VoG II 21:59 11 Jun 06

Suggest that you run HJT click here and post a loh at click here or click here

Legolas 18:05 12 Jun 06

Hi VoG™ ran HJT and went through the results fixed a few things I recognized as dodgy and so far seems ok. Thanks for the help

Jackcoms 18:08 12 Jun 06

I had this dialler a few days ago.

A2 fixed it click here

Legolas 18:08 12 Jun 06

spoke to soon its back I doubt a reinstall is on the cards by the time I mess about trying to get rid of it I could have reinstalled and be up and running uninfected.

Legolas 18:12 12 Jun 06

Hi Jackcoms I will try it before I do clean install.

Jackcoms 18:16 12 Jun 06

If you're using XP disable your System Restore before scanning with A2.

You will, of course, lose all your restore points but it will allow A2 to find the Trojan if it's lurking in memory between restore points.

Legolas 18:59 12 Jun 06

Hi Jackcoms have just finished scanning with A2 and didnt find the virus but as I typed this it came back so still there, looks like a clean install is on the cards.

Jackcoms 19:18 12 Jun 06

Did you update A2's definitions before scanning?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…