Virus Infection

MIKE 16:46 14 Sep 03

Could any of you folks give me any help. I was on the Webb access an A+ test question site, When I had a message telling me my PC was now infected with the Sobig virus and my virus checker could not and would not be able to see it to remove. I am running Windows 98 SE and using Norton 2003 checker that is always updated.

1 How can I tell if I have a virus if Norton cannot see it.

2 If I have a virus how do I remove it if it can be seen.

3 Or is it just a wind up

VoG II 16:52 14 Sep 03

I'm not sure what you mean by "I had a message".

Anyway, download and run Stinger click here - if you have the virus it will kill it.

pj123 16:57 14 Sep 03

It could be a wind up but Sobig is a real virus. AVG finds it with no problem, so there is no reason why any other Virus Checker shouldn't find it. Go to click here and click on virus information, then in the search box type in sobig and search. This will tell you what to look for and how to deal with it.

MIKE 17:15 14 Sep 03

Many thanks Vog & pj123 for your help. I ran Norton scan before send for the cavalry, it did not show any virus's and as I am writing this letter I am running stinger and as of yet no Viruses, yes it shows me to be all clear. Again many thanks.

choffe 17:30 14 Sep 03

university pranks usually go wrong...

Gaz 25 17:38 14 Sep 03

click here it will ensure you are safe from all viruses, even unknown viruses if you select that option.

Hope this helps, if it says your clean it must be a prank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…