Virus infected network

recap 21:08 05 Dec 03

At work we run a W2K network. We have been infected with a virus.

The characteristics of this are as follows: Netlogon not working, networked printers printing test pages at random but no access to them over the network. No client can access the network or Internet. On the server the Event Viewer is filling up within half an hour of me clearing it. The server is restarting at random, on the odd occasion it has booted up to the BIOS and reported that the Processor speed is incorrect.

The only solution at the moment I can do is to remove each client PC from the network and connect it direct (via a crossover cable) to our Internet server to run a virus update.

With the above characteristics does any body know of what virus I should be looking for. If I knew which it was then I could resolve this easily.

cycoze 22:07 05 Dec 03
  cycoze 22:10 05 Dec 03

try again click here .

recap 08:36 06 Dec 03

Thanks cycoze, tried that one and Blaster but no joy.

stuntmaster 09:34 06 Dec 03

can you use emegency disks that came with your antivirus?

if you need some tools you can go here click here enter my website and on the left toolbar click on "Tools" and then at the bottom there are some removal tools you could try.
also here are some other suggestions to what the virus might be:

click here W32.HLLW.Gaobot.DK

[email protected]" title="http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here [email protected]

hope this helps.

Ben

recap 09:53 06 Dec 03

Thanks stuntmaster, yes it is bad. I run a UK Online Centre so it is closed until I can get every thing up and running again, plus, all the offices are on the network so nobody can access any work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now