virus help - my mates an idiot

lsdred 11:01 02 Apr 07

My mate has been on the internet without any anti-virus software (idiot) and now seems to be 'virused up' he clicked on a link and tried to download something called spylocked?
He has now got a flashing question mark symbol in the bottom right of his screen when you click or right click it sends you to the web page of this software, the problem is when you click on any widows based program it wont open and a Data Execution Prevention links comes up, when you open the internet browser it directs you to warningiepage.com.

I have now installed some anti-virus software which found some problems, is there a program I can download to ‘clean’ his PC, Your help would be much appreciated.

provider 2 11:15 02 Apr 07

This might help but it looks as if it could be a time-consuming job.

provider 2 11:15 02 Apr 07
  Kate B 11:21 02 Apr 07

A Squared, Windows Defender, Spybot, Adaware, Ewido ... and put AVG and ZoneAlarm (if he's using XP) on his machine, tell him to make sure he uses them and threaten to remove his supply of chocolate for a year if he doesn't.

cowgirl66 11:27 02 Apr 07

this is a powerful detector too. click here

ArrGee 11:39 02 Apr 07
  lsdred 14:49 02 Apr 07

Anyone used Smitfraudfix to remove spylocked, searching the web it seems to be the one tool that keeps popping up.

p;3 15:48 02 Apr 07

IF it is XP? has he by any remote possibility got system restore enabled?

and try this lot

click here

click here

click here

click here

see what all that lot produces then I suggest register with

click here

click here
and get a log checked out

exe

click here

to quote

'to get HijackThis.
Save it to your desktop and then double-click to run it.
It will install the program in c:\program files\HijackThis.
Browse to that location with windows explorer, and double click on the HijackThis.exe program to run. Chose the 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'
That will allow you to save the log to the desktop (or some other place) and leave open a notepad file with the HijackThis log in it.'

suggest run all the scans fully when completley updated and see what they find ; could be an interesting day !!

needless to say I presume the comp is NOT now being used to do any emailing?

lsdred 09:37 04 Apr 07

Thanks for all your help, i will be trying a number of these programs, fingers crossed.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5