Virus help

igr 18:30 05 Apr 05

I ran MicroWorld Anti virus (mwav) today and got this message:-
File System Found infected by "VB and VBA Program Settings Spyware/Adware" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

On checking the log of the scan the following was reported:

Scanning HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD
Tue Apr 05 18:01:52 2005 => Offending value found in HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings !!!
Tue Apr 05 18:01:58 2005 => System found infected with VB and VBA Program Settings Spyware/Adware! Action taken: No Action Taken.
Tue Apr 05 18:01:58 2005 => File System Found infected by "VB and VBA Program Settings Spyware/Adware" Virus. Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Checking HKLM via Regedit found no VxD sub directory and HKCU settings were not set

Anybody got any ideas what has been found, and more importantly, how do I fix it?

pauldonovan 18:55 05 Apr 05

..is a "red herring" and may be what it was searching prior to reporting the VBA settings bit.

Are you saying you have nothing under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VB and VBA Program Settings

in your registry at all?

If not then I suspect you are ok... worth running another AV program / online scan though. Try AVG.

Trackrat 19:02 05 Apr 05

To be sure if their is a problem or not go to this link click here and post a Hi Jack log.

igr 19:10 05 Apr 05

There are 3 other sub directories
CCleaner
Reader Speedup
Reader Speedup!

There is only one entry in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VB and VBA Program Settings :-
(default) REG_SZ (value not set)

igr 20:42 05 Apr 05

refresh

stalion 20:51 05 Apr 05

do an independant scan with a2
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…