Virus help

baz\ 15:53 22 Jan 05

I just installed Avast 4 today and it has found six infected files.
c:\WINDOWS\system32\AciveScan\imscan.dll
c:\WINDOWS\system32\AciveScan\pav.sig
c:\WINDOWS\system32\pav.sig
I have moved them to the 'chest' but dont know what to do next. It does not let me repair them. Are they safe to delete or is there another way of safely removing the viruses?

Any help will be appreciated.

ACOLYTE 15:55 22 Jan 05

If they are in the virus vault or chest as avast calls it they should not cause any problems so leaving them there should be ok.

baz\ 17:36 22 Jan 05

Thanks
Is is safe to remove them though. As i recall someone saying that you should not delete anything in system32?

johnnyrocker 17:39 22 Jan 05

i would have thought that if the system is running ok with the items quarantined (and therefore not in use) deletion should not be a problem.

johnny.

ACOLYTE 17:40 22 Jan 05

if you have already moved them to the virus vault then there shouldnt be a problem you could leave them where they are if you dont have any problems delete them

baz\ 18:42 22 Jan 05

OK
I will leave them in there from a day or two and i dont expreience any problems i will delete them.

baz\ 16:38 24 Jan 05

I have been looking round on all the sies i know to find details on these viruses but so far hav not ind an answer. Any help will be apreciated in retrieving them.

johnnyrocker 16:41 24 Jan 05

why would you want to retrieve them?

johnny.

baz\ 16:47 24 Jan 05

I just wanted to find out more about them, if there dangerous or do they delete files on pc's etc.

baz\ 16:51 24 Jan 05

I have found this site which say that Win32:Kuang2 causes high destrcution. click here

johnnyrocker 16:55 24 Jan 05

i would just delete and move on, there is a high chance one would not find a friendly virus by virtue of the name.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…