Virus help

DUM 23:14 28 Oct 04

Have ran the mwav escan and it came up with following virus that avg and mcafee didnt find:

Located in fileC:\WINDOWS\lasss.exe

Trojan.Win32.StartPage.nv

Located in fileC:\WINDOWS\sptsupd.exe

Trojan.Win32.StartPage.nv

Also it said the following was tagged as not-a-virus in RESTORE.INS

NetTool.PsKill

Cant find out anything about them or how to remove them or if they are bad virus's etc

Any ideas???????

VoG II 23:23 28 Oct 04

Try a² click here

THE TERMINATOR 00:43 29 Oct 04

click here and get ascan for free....T

Djohn 01:06 29 Oct 04

Do as VoG™ and THE TERMINATOR advise and don't forget to turn off System restore before the scan. Turn it back on again after the scan comes up clean.

Gaz 25 05:22 29 Oct 04

click here

Detects over 110,000 viruses.

DUM 23:25 29 Oct 04

Strange but have ran a squared, trend housecall, avg, ez av, mcafee and ad aware plus couple of other online scans and the viruses that were found on previous scan have not been detected.
Have they gone completely? Stopped system restore and did scans without that being on and nothing was found.

Do I need to worry?

One other thing that has recently happened is that I cannot type a search into internet explorer address bar as it comes up with page not found and shows lots of percentage symbols with web address in address bar. Is this connected to virus cos I can only so searches in the search bar of MSN search bar.

Confused about what to do to put it right. Any ideas?????

VoG II 23:31 29 Oct 04

You are probably fed up with scanning but try CWShredder to be sure click here

DUM 23:35 29 Oct 04

I shall try that one tomorrow. Seem to have spent most of today running one scan after the other. Was determined to track down the viruses and remove them but they seem to have dissappeared. Not convinced they have gone so wil try anything again to help.
Thanks and will let you know tomorrow if it finds anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…