Virus Help

I got a message that i had a virus on my pc..I ran my NAV and sure enough it was there,But it said it had fixed it too.So i ran it again and sure enough there wasnt nothing on there showing i had a virus,The problem is i keep geting thins popping up like " do u want to download this & that2 even tho i don't ask 4 anything to be downloaded!.
Does this mean i still have a virus ?.
I ran NAV today & nothing showed up.
Any ideas?
Thx

hugh-265156 18:24 17 Mar 04

on some websites you may get these pop ups saying you need to install a plugin for your browser in order to view the page correctly.if its macromedia/shockwave or flash etc then you should be safe enough to download it.

use your head though.

what is the website you are on at the time you get this.some can be dialers on dodgy sites.even clicking no may in fact be accepting without your knowledge.

keep your av up to date.

use spybot,adaware and spywareblaster to get rid of adware or spyware.spywareblaster stops it getting on in the first place.

click here click here click here after installing these,update them and run.remove anything they find.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:26 17 Mar 04

More likley spyware somwhere on the pc run spybot an adaware see what it picks up.

click here adaware

click here

Spy bot

Install update run.

Regards.

hugh-265156 18:27 17 Mar 04

ps.futher to the line above"clicking no may in fact be accepting without your knowledge"

safer way:

ctrl+alt+delete or right click the taskbar/task manager

click the applications tab,highlight the item and click end task.

do not click the no,cancel or red x on the web page.

i already have ad-aware6.0 on my machine...
I run it up and had 17 new objects 16 were just the normal 'cookie' collection..but 1 was Catergory 'malware',Risk was 'low',Description was 'Malware.Hijacker,Hijacks Browser Page,Default search engine and HOSTS files, Installs Unsolicited( dont like the sound of this),Runs stealth( also known as CWS hIJACK).
hope this sheds a bit more light on this
BTW thks 4 ur help guys,Much appreciated
Andy

hugh-265156 19:07 17 Mar 04

as above i doubt you have anything nasty on your system then.lots of web sites need shockwave flash etc to view correctly and you will be prompted to install this if you dont have it.

without knowing what the pop up is asking you its hard to say what it is.

what is the address of the webpage asking you to install this plugin?

what is the plugin or download name?

can you give us a link to the page please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…