Virus has disabled F-Secure and other programs

jon_hoggy 10:16 15 Jan 08

Hi, I managed to pick up a virus on my pc last night from an email. F-Secure detected it and several pop up boxes appeared saying it was trying to rename the .exe files, but the virus seemed to attack F-Secure and everything in the system tray (mouse, keyboard, F-Secure etc) as one by one they disappeared after messages saying trojans or malicious software had been detected within their folders. I disconnected the internet and went into 'System restore' but all the restore points had vanished so i wasnt able to do this. I restarted the pc and it has seemed to disable F-Secure as this doesnt launch from the start up programs. The system tray at the bottom only showed the time, whereas it was full of icons previously. If i open F-Secure manually it opens, but wont perform any virus checks. This is as far as i got late last night, any suggestions what i should do now ? thanks

johnnyrocker 10:21 15 Jan 08

might an on line scan at trend micro help or the norton home page has an on line scanner.

johnny.

rawprawn 10:25 15 Jan 08

F Secure have an excellent support team
click here
If F secure has been attacked like that I am sure that they will want to help.

jon_hoggy 10:45 15 Jan 08

I am on a trial version of f-secure, this shouldnt make a difference like, just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience.

rawprawn 10:54 15 Jan 08

I used to run F Secure and I was very pleased with it, but when I changed computers and got Vista the F Secure I had wouldn't work with Vista, but I never had any problems, and thought it a good program. I now use NOD32

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…