virus detected but AVG does not destroy!

kumarisblue 11:33 27 Mar 06

Can anyone help please? My pc has obviously been infected with a virus...keeps shutting down etc. I have run AVG, adaware, spybot search & destroy and windows defender.I also have Zone Alarm Firewall running. AVG has detected the infection but does not seem to remove it from my system...just says its found it, no matter how many times I run the virus scan the infection still sits on my machine. Has anyone any ideas how I can get rid of this blight on my machine???
Thanks in advance!

dreamer 11:54 27 Mar 06

how about uninstall AVG
and try Avast temporarily to see if it works any better
click here

spuds 11:55 27 Mar 06

Do you have a reference name to the virus that AVG as detected.

Taff™ 11:55 27 Mar 06

What`s the virus name & have you tried running AVG in safe mode?

Totally-braindead 12:10 27 Mar 06

I've had this problem with other anti virus programs as well, namely Norton, it found a virus but couldn't remove it, downloaded AVG and it took it right out.

In order to help we will need to know the name of the virus that AVG has detected as the others have said. Running in safe mode as Taff™ has suggested may also work depending on why AVG can't remove it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:21 27 Mar 06

It sounds like a trojan which AVs find difficult to remove . Download Eiwdo from click here and run it. No matter how many anti-spy or AV programmes you have, if permission is given to a Trojan it will run.

G

rawprawn 12:47 27 Mar 06

Try this online scan, I have found it very good in the past at getting rid of difficult malware
click here

ACOLYTE 12:49 27 Mar 06

If the infection is in a .cab file or a compresses file like a zip file it may not be able to move just that without deleting the whole item and it wont do that becuase it may cause more problems,it would be nice to know where AVG finds the file,if its in the restore part of windows turning this off should delete the file.

terryf 12:55 27 Mar 06

download vcleaner.exe from AVG to a floppy, rename it to anything.exe and run it in safe mode

Bagsey 16:56 27 Mar 06

Have you tried scanning for the virus with the system restore turned off?? If that fails try running Stinger or Housecall. Sorry I havent got their URLs at the moment but just google the names.

terryf 16:59 27 Mar 06

have you run a-squared, there is a free version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017