VIRUS DETECTED!!!!

levyo1 17:26 02 Feb 03

After I opened an email today my Norton Anti virus picked up a virus, It then put it into quarentine What do I do next? Can I get rid of the virus? I have never come across this befor, Can anybody advise me on this subject pleasem, as to be honest I dont have a clue what to do.
Any help will be apreciated.

JoeC 17:30 02 Feb 03

If you don’t want to keep the contents of the infected file, you can delete the infected file from Quarantine, which deletes the file from your computer. Be aware that if you delete a file from Quarantine, you will not be able to use the file again. The file and its virus will be completely and safely deleted from your computer.

1 In the Norton AntiVirus main window, click Reports.

2 Click View Reports next to the Quarantined items option.

3 In the left panel of the Quarantine, click Quarantined Items.

4 Select a file in the list of Quarantined items and click Delete Item.

You are prompted to confirm that you want to permanently remove the item from you computer.

5 Click Yes to delete the file.

Copyright© 2000-2002 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved.

j-anarchy 17:44 02 Feb 03

you could back up your computer once your computer is backed up you could then open the file and if ther is a virus your computer is backed up and if there is no virus you have a back up just in case (you should back up your computer often anyway just in case you do get a virus)

hoverman 18:02 02 Feb 03

My advice would be to get rid of the quarantined e-mail by deleting it. If the message came from someone you know then let them know what has happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…