VIRUS DEFINITIONS UPDATE FAILURE.

Chimbond 13:45 27 Mar 03

Virus protection on my P3 Win98SE PC is done with Norton Antivirus 2002. This program went faulty a few weeks ago and I uninstalled it using the method given on the appropriate Symantec internet page. I then reinstalled Nortons Antivirus 2002. But now the virus definitions Update refuses to run, unlike the other component updates. And, each time I start the PC, a message "Norton Antivirus was unable to start Email Protection" is displayed. I don't know what's going on. I would appreciate suggestions towards a solution, please. Thanx in advance.

jimv7 14:36 27 Mar 03

Uninstall norton, download the free avg antivirus from

click here

check for updates,then do a full virus scan, I think that you will find some of the little beasties.

bliksem 16:06 27 Mar 03

Perhaps the definitions have got themselves in a knot. Have you tried downloading the definitions from Norton website in exe form and try running that.

D.

IZZY 16:55 27 Mar 03

Chimbond....Hi,

There are quite a few issues associated with Live Update after uninstalling / reinstalling NAV.

I would recomment you have a look at them on the Support site (hopefully this link will work)

click here=

Regards,

IZZY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…