Virus Checker

themossendflyer 19:39 05 Mar 04

I connect to the intenet through broadband,i have had this service for around 2 years now,but i have never had a virus checker installed on my pc...After recent problems with blaster worm i downloaded the Luke File walker virus checker.On the inital scan on the 4/3/04 it found 170 trojans and worms and managed to delete 169 of them..on the second scan on the 5/304 it found only 1.After a lot of work and windows updates later my pc is working fine,What i would like to know if anyone can help me is,,,,Luke filewalker boots up with my machine,but i cannot get it to run in the background,i only pick up trojans an worms on the manual scan process,but is this too late by then???Is there a beter free virus checker on the market?? derek

Jester2K 19:48 05 Mar 04

AVG 6 Free Edition is a very good Free AV - www,grisoft.com

Jester2K 19:49 05 Mar 04
  radi8or 19:50 05 Mar 04

hi flyer,

most of the people on here reccomend \ use AVG
virus checker it's pretty good and free.

click here

Regards Bob

grey george 19:51 05 Mar 04

Try AVG from grisoft I think. Or spend a small amount on NAV. It will be less than a couple of months subscription to broadband. Zonealarm is also free and a good idea.

Belatucadrus 20:00 05 Mar 04

The Luke filewalker scanner is part of the Antivir free package, not bad, but not the best free package, I prefer avast! 4 click here for the last discussion on the merits of AVG & avast!

anchor 09:13 06 Mar 04

As an alternative to AVG, Norton Antivirus 2003 is £15 here; includes 1 year free updates.

I have used this supplier in the past, (he lives quite close to me).

click here

Tel: 020 8905 4944

Delivery J/C £2.50 & Box £5 (UK ONLY)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…