Virus? CD ROM not working

skell 17:40 21 Oct 04

Hi ,

a friend has trouble with his CDRW and CDR drives they both are not reconized in windows but hes has power lights showing etc. He poated this...I'm now getting (dont know if I always got this) a box popping up on boot up saying missing file, MSA64CHK.Dll.
I done a search and it kept popping up as a virus related problem. Could this all be related to his problem? If so any idea as to resolve this . thx

Smegs 18:48 21 Oct 04

click here click here click here Hope these help.

skell 16:06 22 Oct 04

Thx for the links....he has cured the dll error but his system still doesnt reconize his DVD/CD ROM Drives . They have power and open but cant read any discs even on bootup. He has tried new drivers but he gets message saying the best drivers are already installed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 22 Oct 04

Operating system XP, win 98se?

Assuming both drives are on the same secondary IDE cable.

1. in device manager unistall the secondary IDE channel and re install the drivers.

2. check IDE cable firmly plugged in at motherboard end / faulty cable

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 22 Oct 04

Should have also said are they recogonoised in BIOS? (do they appear on the first boot screen when switching on.)IF so then cable ok

skell 14:50 23 Oct 04

Thx m8 it seems to have done the job for him. something obout he had to set DMA in the IDE channel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…