Virus causing display issues??

alexgray104 18:48 14 May 06

Hey Guys,
Today my laptop suddenly decided to display grey boxes behind the writing on the Icons in my desktop. Before now it has just been white writing on a transparent background(you can see wallpaper). I did an AVG Free Scan and it found a trojan. It was placed in my virus vault and from there I deleted it. Could this virus have caused my display settings to differ?? I have tried going into display properties and fiddling there but it only lets me change the colour of the Icon text background - not make it transparent again. The system is running Windows XP Professional, AVG 7 Free and has 256 ram. Many Thanks in advance for your much appreciated help.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:36 14 May 06

Right click on your desktop. Click on "Arrange Icons By" and make sure "Lock Web Items on Desktop" is disabled.

G

alexgray104 19:48 14 May 06

Thanks for the reply Gandalf, "lock web items on desktop" is disabled. To me the wallpaper looks to pixely and not right. Also, in display properties the wallpaper shows as 'white'. Methinks this is something more serious, reformat and reinstall ? ? ? ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:51 14 May 06

You could remove your graphics driver, reboot and your system should re-install or try a system restore to before all this happened, run ewido from click here and delete all it finds.

G

woodchip 19:56 14 May 06

Try restore back to before the Trojan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…