virus cant access net

carnoustiejim 17 Jun 11

hi getting pop up saying win 7 home security 2012 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
Trojan BNK-win32-keylogger.gen windows recommend to use win 7 home security 2012 to remove thread click to activate o/s win7 can you advise how to get rid of this threat so i can get back on internet thanks carnoustiejim

rdave13 17 Jun 11

Instructions for removal here Bleeping Computers.

You'll need to download programs on a clean PC for removal. Scroll down a bit for removal instructions.

carnoustiejim 17 Jun 11

hi rdave thanks for reply have d/l programs to ex drive on my laptopdo i need to be connected to internet to remove virus or use safe mode thanks again carnoustiejim

rdave13 17 Jun 11

You would be better off burning the programs to disc or having them on a flash drive. Run in sequence as per instructions in normal mode on the infected PC. You can try to run them from the external drive if the PC will recognise it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message