virus cant access net

carnoustiejim 18:35 PM 17 Jun 11

hi getting pop up saying win 7 home security 2012 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
Trojan BNK-win32-keylogger.gen windows recommend to use win 7 home security 2012 to remove thread click to activate o/s win7 can you advise how to get rid of this threat so i can get back on internet thanks carnoustiejim

rdave13 18:48 PM 17 Jun 11

Instructions for removal here Bleeping Computers.

You'll need to download programs on a clean PC for removal. Scroll down a bit for removal instructions.

carnoustiejim 21:04 PM 17 Jun 11

hi rdave thanks for reply have d/l programs to ex drive on my laptopdo i need to be connected to internet to remove virus or use safe mode thanks again carnoustiejim

rdave13 21:13 PM 17 Jun 11

You would be better off burning the programs to disc or having them on a flash drive. Run in sequence as per instructions in normal mode on the infected PC. You can try to run them from the external drive if the PC will recognise it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November